Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, and California. We are seeking a qualified candidate for a Business Valuation / Forensic Accountant position in our Stockton, California office.
As a senior accountant, the Business Valuation / Forensic Accountant will focus on business valuation and litigation support while also gaining experience in the traditional areas of accounting, tax, and auditing. This position is an advanced level, non-management professional position. The ideal candidate possesses a willingness to grow in the profession and a desire to expand his/her knowledge and skillset.
- Manage and/or contribute to litigation support and valuation engagements in a wide variety of industries and matters
- Prepare financial and valuation analysis of closely held companies and intangible assets using spreadsheet modeling
- Gather and analyze industry and comparable company research from public documents, software, and other sources
- Analyze financial reports including profit & loss statements, balance sheets, and general ledgers
- Create and maintain workpaper documentation for client engagements
- Create summary and detailed schedules outlining findings from a forensic accounting review
- Compose written technical reports and exhibits that are distributed to all parties and used in court proceedings.
- Complete moderately complex tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates independently and with minimal direction.
- Coordinate, facilitate and assume “in-charge” responsibilities on audit engagements and review staff work.
- Effectively manage multiple project deadlines simultaneously
- Communicate professionally with attorneys, lenders, clients, and other professionals in both contentious and amicable situations.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of 2-5 years of forensic accounting and business valuation experience. CPA designation preferred.
- Display the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clients, staff, and other professionals in a respectful and professional manner.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Contribute to skill building among interns and newer staff.
- Take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
Pay and Benefits
Our employees play an integral role in our success as a firm. We value the long-term relationships we have developed with our clients as a result of our ability to retain our brightest professionals and believe in rewarding our employees with a competitive base compensation that is commensurate with the position and candidate’s experience. Additional compensation includes bonus pay and new business incentives. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Long- and short-term disability leave
- Paid sick leave
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan and profit sharing contributions
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Professional development assistance
- Paid CPA Exam study time, Becker CPA Review course, and Exam reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Referral program
- Flexible schedule
- Access to investment advice
How to Apply
Please click on the Apply Now button below to submit your information.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.