Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a multifaceted regional CPA firm with 26 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Tax Accountant position in our Merced, California office.
The Senior Tax Accountant is an advanced level, non-management professional position. Qualified candidates must have 2-5 years of tax experience in a public accounting environment. Appropriate candidates must also possess expertise in current professional tax practices and the interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients and staff throughout all phases of tax engagements.
- Complete moderately complex federal, state, local, and special tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates independently and with minimal direction.
- Comply with federal state, and local requirements and maintain communication with partners, staff, and clients in order to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional standards and technical knowledge through workshops, seminars, publications, personal networks, and/or professional societies. Remain current on general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation impacting the business climate.
- Contribute to the overall success of the firm and staff by promoting efficient execution throughout the engagement while cultivating positive client relationships.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of 2 -5 years of public accounting experience in tax. CPA designation preferred.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clients & staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Contribute to skill building among interns and newer staff.
- Take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
Pay and Benefits
Our employees play an integral role in our success as a firm. We value the long-term relationships we have developed with our clients as a result of our ability to retain our brightest professionals and believe in rewarding our employees with a competitive base compensation that is commensurate with the position and candidate’s experience. Additional compensation includes bonus pay and new business incentives. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Long- and short-term disability leave
- Paid sick leave
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan and profit sharing contributions
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Professional development assistance
- Paid CPA Exam study time, Becker CPA Review course, and Exam reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Referral program
- Flexible schedule
- Access to investment advice
How to Apply
Please click on the Apply Now button below to submit your information.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.