Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is seeking a qualified candidate for a Manager Accountant for our Harrisburg, Illinois office. The accountant is considered a liaison between the partners, clients and staff, and should be involved in virtually all areas for which partners are responsible.
The appropriate candidate should possess expertise in current professional accounting practices and the ability to manage and coach staff throughout all phases of the engagement. Remote work options may be available.
The appropriate candidate will have the option to work in either our Harrisburg or Marion, Illinois location.
- Prepare and/or review federal, state, local and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information. Comply with federal, state, & local requirements; advising management on needed actions; communicating with partners, staff, clients, attorneys, bankers, tax authorities or any agent associated with the process to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and supervise audit engagements and review staff work.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional standards and technical knowledge through workshops, seminars, publications, personal networks, professional societies and/or boards. Remain current on general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation impacting the business climate.
- Contribute to the overall success of the firm and staff by promoting efficient execution throughout all phases of the engagement while cultivating positive client relationships.
- Promote the firm by taking an active role in professional, civic or charitable organizations.
- Manage assigned book of business within budgeted revenue and realization expectations.
- Develop and coach staff.
- Possess a CPA designation with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of public accounting experience.
- Ability to coordinate staff and client expectations by planning assignments, resolving issues, communicating expected outcomes, measuring actual outcomes, and developing responsible and knowledgeable staff.
- Produce and comprehend budget expectations for engagements and manage project and staff accordingly.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clients & staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
Dana Robinson, Partner
Kemper CPA Group LLP
713 South Commercial Street
Harrisburg, IL 62946
Phone: (618) 252-7456
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.