Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in California, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky. We are seeking administrative assistants for our Tracy and Livermore, California locations. The administrative assistant is responsible for providing support to Kemper CPA Group LLP’s accounting practice. This position is full time with some overtime expected during tax season.
- Provide high level support to personnel
- Prepare written client correspondence as requested
- Assembly and final review of tax return and financial statement packages prior to delivery to client
- Scanning client documents in accordance with firm protocol
- Assistance in editing and tracking of engagement letters for new and existing tax clients
- Assistance in completion of client set up forms for new tax clients/engagements
- General administrative tasks – word processing, photocopying, filing, scanning
- Receptionist duties, including answering the phone and assisting clients in person
- Office bookkeeper duties including filing timesheets, deposits, billings, etc.
- Assist in client bookkeeping including keying checks, deposits, payroll, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Professional demeanor
- Acute attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work toward deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Experience and judgment to plan for and accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as clients and vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with general office support, scanning, photocopying, filing and receptionist coverage
- High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Experience providing support for a tax practice: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Experience with tax software a plus
How To Apply
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.