Kemper CPA Group LLP, a “Best Places to Work in Indiana” award winner and top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 31 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a bookkeeping position in our Evansville, Indiana office.
The bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts.
- Payroll preparation, including related payroll tax returns and deposits.
- Sales Tax Return preparation.
- Pay debts as they come due for payment, including bills and supplier and vendor invoices.
- Maintain vendor contact information.
- Handle vendor/supplier payment inquiries.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Receive and apply customer payments.
- Contact customers to request payment of past due balances.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- 2-3 years bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Prior bookkeeping/accounting experience with QuickBooks.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability to work well with limited direction.
- Ability to perform complex tasks related to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ability to communicate with upper-management, co-workers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Intuition for exercising good judgment.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send resume and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.