Kemper CPA Group LLP, a 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 30 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time bookkeeping position in our Effingham, Illinois office.
The bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the client organization are accurate. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties for the client. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts (bank reconciliations).
- Payroll preparation including related payroll tax returns and deposits.
- Sales Tax Return preparation.
- Pay debts as they come due for payment, including bills and supplier and vendor invoices.
- Maintain vendor contact information.
- Handle vendor/supplier payment inquiries.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Payroll Tax Returns.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- 2-3 years bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Prior bookkeeping/accounting experience with QuickBooks is required.
- Tax preparation experience a plus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability to work well with limited direction.
- Ability to perform complex tasks related to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ability to communicate with upper-management, co-workers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Intuition for exercising good judgment.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
Stacey Mette, Partner
Kemper CPA Group LLP
810 W Jefferson Ave
Effingham, IL 62401
Phone: (217) 347-0528
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.