Internal Staff Accountant
Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 31 offices in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and California. We are seeking an Internal Staff Accountant in our Evansville, Indiana Administrative office.
The Internal Staff Accountant will perform most tasks with a minimum of supervision. He or she demonstrates a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. Such an individual will rotate between a variety of general accounting assignments for the purposes of staff development as well as personal career enrichment. The appropriate candidate should possess a basic understanding of accounting concepts. The Internal Staff Accountant serves the internal needs of the firm rather than external clients and reports to the Partner-in-Charge of Administration and Human Resources. Significant opportunities for advancement are available for the successful candidate.
- Complete basic procedures for general accounting functions such as: bank reconciliations, credit card deposit reconciliations, work in progress and accounts receivable adjustments, and journal entries.
- Assist in month end close process and financial reporting.
- Prepare budget files and assist in annual budget process.
- Process payroll as needed and prepare employee W-2 and 1095 Forms.
- Enter select accounts payable into bill.com.
- Perform tasks in a variety of software programs including practice management, payroll, and human resources systems.
- Gather and organize data to prepare reports.
- Calculate commissions payable.
- Assist in completion of special projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ownership of work assigned and take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under time constraints.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
Partner-in-Charge of Administration and Human Resources
Kemper CPA Group LLP
7200 Eagle Crest Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47715
Phone: (812) 421-8000
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.