Payroll Account Representative
Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Payroll Account Representative in our Terre Haute, Indiana office. The Payroll Account Rep is responsible for processing payroll and completing all related payroll functions for an assigned group of clients. This position requires an individual who possesses a minimum of a basic understanding of payroll and tax withholdings for multiple states.
Job Duties Include
- Process payrolls in an efficient manner within a technology-rich environment with minimal direction
- Set up new employees, revise existing employee information, enter time in the software accurately, and add or revise earning codes, deductions, third party payments, and direct deposits
- Understand withholdings for federal and state filings, including unemployment
- Research issues and respond to client and staff questions in a simple, understandable fashion
- Manage multiple client requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Possess an associate degree in accounting and a minimum of 2 to 3 years of payroll experience
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of payroll assignments
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner
- Take the initiative to complete the work assigned to you as well as stepping in to assist peers during peak volume
- Work under time constraints
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy
How to Apply
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.