Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and highly-motivated Staff Accountant for our Modesto, California office.
Typically, the Staff Accountant will rotate between a variety of general accounting, tax and audit assignments for the purposes of staff development as well as personal career enrichment. The appropriate candidate should possess 2-4 years of public accounting experience.
- Complete moderately complex tax returns independently and with minimal direction for individuals, partnerships, and corporations.
- Prepare payroll tax, sales, property and other local returns with varying degrees of complexity
- Assist in proofing tax returns, and other documents
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and reconcile subsidiary accounts
- Perform schedule computations of accruals, debt and interest expense property and equipment, and calculate depreciation expense
- Manage multiple client requests efficiently and in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in a certified public accounting firm
- CPA or eligible and in the process of obtaining certification
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and strong organizational skills
- Client service and relationship development skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Complete assigned work under time constraints
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
Sanjeev S. Singh
Kemper CPA Group LLP
1700 Standiford Ave, Suite 200
Modesto, CA 95350
Phone: (209) 521-1100
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.