Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 30 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking a qualified Staff Accountant candidate to split time between our Vincennes and Washington, Indiana offices.
Typically, the Staff Accountant will rotate between a variety of general accounting, tax and audit assignments for the purposes of staff development as well as personal career enrichment. The appropriate candidate should possess a basic understanding of accounting concepts. All activities of the Staff Accountant are closely monitored and supervised.
- Complete basic procedures for general accounting functions such as: bank reconciliations, accrual computations, statistical and account analysis, inventory observations and depreciation schedule updates.
- Complete simple tax returns in an efficient and effective manner within the time constraints given.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment within tax and/or audit engagements.
- Follow basic audit work paper techniques and spreadsheets, follow-up with clients on explanations of discrepancies, and assist in preparing final report.
- Execute routine journal entries and prepare simple financial statements utilizing the provided format.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting with a preference of at least a tax internship and 150 credit hours.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ownership of work assigned and take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
Curt Benson, Partner
Kemper CPA Group LLP
802 Old Wheatland Road
Vincennes, IN 47591
Phone: (812) 882-7730
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.