Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Staff Accountant position in our Olney, Illinois office.
Typically, the Staff Accountant will rotate between a variety of general accounting ,bookkeeping, tax and audit assignments for the purposes of staff development as well as personal career enrichment. The appropriate candidate should possess a basic understanding of accounting concepts. All activities of the Staff Accountant are closely monitored and supervised.
- Complete basic procedures for general accounting functions such as: bank reconciliations, accrual computations, statistical and account analysis, inventory observations, and depreciation schedule updates.
- Complete simple tax returns in an efficient and effective manner within the time constraints given.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment within tax and/or audit engagements.
- Follow basic audit work paper techniques and spreadsheets, follow-up with clients on explanations of discrepancies, and assist in preparing final reports.
- Execute routine journal entries and prepare simple financial statements utilizing the provided format.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting with a preference of at least 150 credit hours and eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ownership of work assigned and take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to
Kemper CPA Group LLP
PO Box 447
Olney, IL 62450
or apply on Indeed
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.