Staff Accountant I
Kemper CPA Group LLP, a ‘Best Places to Work in Indiana’ award winner and top 100 public accounting firm, is seeking qualified candidates for a Staff Accountant I position at their Mattoon, Illinois office.
Typically, the Staff Accountant will rotate between a variety of general accounting, tax and audit assignments for the purposes of staff development as well as personal career enrichment. The appropriate candidate should possess a basic understanding of accounting concepts. All activities of the Staff Accountant are closely monitored and supervised.
- Complete basic procedures for general accounting functions such as: bank reconciliations, accrual computations, statistical and account analysis, inventory observations and depreciation schedule updates.
- Complete simple tax returns in an efficient and effective manner within the time constraints given.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment within tax and/or audit engagements.
- Follow basic audit work paper techniques and spreadsheets, follow-up with clients on explanations of discrepancies and assist in preparing final report.
- Execute routine journal entries and prepare simple financial statements utilizing the provided format.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a preference of at least a tax internship and 150 credit hours.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ownership of work assigned, and take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send resume and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
Tami Knight, CPA
Kemper CPA Group LLP
80 Broadway Avenue
Mattoon, IL 61938
Phone: (217) 234-8801
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.