Positions Open In California
Staff Accountant I or II
Stockton, California Job- Posted July 17th, 2017
Kemper CPA Group LLP, a ‘Best Places to Work in Indiana’ award winner, is a regional CPA firm with 27 offices in Illinois, Western Kentucky, Indiana, and California. We have openings in our Stockton, California location. Part-time summer hours are available with potential for full-time employment in the fall. We are looking for aspiring CPAs to be part of a great team; experience in accounting, auditing, and taxation, but we will also accept entry-level candidates. Technology abilities are a plus. Client contact and more immediate upward mobility is available within a team building atmosphere. Kemper CPA Group offers competitive compensation and benefits.
The Staff Accountant I is the beginning level in the non-management professional accounting positions within the firm. Typically, the Staff Accountant will rotate between a variety of general accounting, tax and audit assignments for the purposes of staff development as well as personal career enrichment. The appropriate candidate should possess a basic understanding of accounting concepts involved but may not know the exact procedures to follow. All activities of the staff accountant are closely monitored and supervised.
The more experienced Staff Accountant II will perform most tasks with a minimum of supervision. He or she directs Staff Accountant I’s, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews the work done, and directs necessary revisions. Such an individual is able to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters. If such problems arise, the Staff Accountant II outlines them for his or her Senior Accountant, Manager, or Partner and then acts on that individual’s advice. A CPA license is preferred.
- Complete basic procedures for general accounting functions such as: bank reconciliations, accrual computations, statistical and account analysis, inventory observations and depreciation schedule updates.
- Complete simple tax returns in an efficient and effective manner within the time constraints given.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment within tax and/or audit engagements.
- Follow basic audit work paper techniques and spreadsheets, follow-up with clients on explanations of discrepancies and assist in preparing final report.
- Execute routine journal entries and prepare simple financial statements utilizing the provided format.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a preference of at least a tax internship and 150 credit hours.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clients & staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ownership of work assigned and take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send resume and professional references via e-mail attachment to:
Lammert Van Laar III, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA
Kemper CPA Group LLP
3031 West March Lane, Suite 133 South
Stockton, California 65219
Phone: (209) 473-2001
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.