Edward C. Spinardi, II
Ed joined Spinardi & Jones Accountancy Corporation in 1986 after three years in KPMG San Francisco’s audit department. He became a shareholder/owner in 1988 and served as president of Spinardi & Jones until a 2021 merger with Kemper CPA Group LLP.
Born and raised in Merced, Ed attended high school at Bellarmine Prep in San Jose and obtained his bachelor’s degree from UC Santa Barbara in 1983. He obtained his CPA license in 1986.
He has extensive experience in tax preparation and planning for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts and estates, as well as financial statement preparation, litigation support, business consulting and trustee services.
An avid sports fan, Ed is often found with his wife Karen at various Bay Area sports venues. Ed and Karen are also avid cyclists and have taken cycling vacations to Maine, Hawaii, Oregon and the San Juan Islands. Ed and Karen have two children, Kimberly and Jeffrey.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Litigation Consulting and Dispute Resolution Services Common Interest Member Section (CIMS) of the California Society of CPAs, Charter Member
- Merced Area Accountants, Treasurer
- Merced Rotary Club, past President and current Treasurer
- Merced County Estate Planning Council, past President
- Mercy Hospital Foundation, Finance Chairman
- Merced Boosters Club