G. Keith Carter, a 1990 graduate of Robinson High School, graduated with honors from Vincennes University in 1992. He then attended Indiana State University, where he graduated with a bachelor of science degree in accounting in 1994. Throughout his enrollment at Indiana State University, Keith was a member of both Beta Alpha Psi, an honorary accounting fraternity, and Delta Sigma Pi, a business fraternity. He earned his CPA certificate in 1997.
Keith spent the first 5½ years of his career in Indianapolis, working both in the private accounting sector and the public accounting sector. While in the private sector, he was the chief accounting officer of a not-for-profit organization, where he assisted in revenue bond financing and bond administration.
Keith returned to Robinson, Illinois in 1999, where he started his career with Kemper CPA Group LLP. He was promoted to principal in 2002, and transferred to the Vincennes, Indiana office in 2003, and is now the partner-in-charge of the Terre Haute, Indiana office. Keith was admitted to the partnership in 2005 and now specializes in tax and other business-related topics, trust and estate planning, and not-for-profit organizations.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Indiana CPA Society
- Board Member - Terre Haute Children’s Museum
- Board Member - United Way of the Wabash Valley
- Past President - Vincennes Redevelopment Commission
- Past Treasurer - Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation Board
- Past President - Vincennes Kiwanis
- Past President - Leadership Knox County
- Past President - Life After Meth (L.A.M.), a not-for-profit organization to help recovering methamphetamine users