Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is seeking qualified candidates for a Tax Manager position at their Modesto, CA office. The Tax Manager is considered a liaison between the partners, clients and staff, and should be involved in virtually all areas for which partners are responsible.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in a tax manager or equivalent supervisory capacity within a regional or national public accounting environment. Appropriate candidates must also possess expertise in current professional tax practices and the interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients and manage and coach staff throughout all phases of tax engagements. Successful candidates will have the opportunity for rapid advancement to partner level. Salary is dependent on credentials and years of experience.
- Prepare and/or review federal, state, local and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information. Comply with federal, state, & local requirements; advise management on needed actions; communicate with partners, staff, clients, attorneys, bankers, tax authorities, or any agent associated with the process to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional standards and technical knowledge through workshops, seminars, publications, personal networks, professional societies, and/or boards. Remain current on general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation impacting the business climate.
- Contribute to the overall success of the firm and staff by promoting efficient execution throughout all phases of engagements while cultivating positive client relationships.
- Promote the firm by taking an active role in professional, civic, or charitable organizations.
- Manage assigned book of business within budgeted revenue and realization expectations.
- Develop and coach staff.
- Possess a CPA or EA designation with a minimum of 5 years of tax experience in a supervisory capacity within a regional or national public accounting environment.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate staff and client expectations by planning assignments, resolving issues, communicating expected outcomes, measuring actual outcomes, and developing responsible and knowledgeable staff.
- Produce and comprehend budget expectations for engagements and manage project and staff accordingly.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
Pay and Benefits
Our employees play an integral role in our success as a firm. We value the long-term relationships we have developed with our clients as a result of our ability to retain our brightest professionals and believe in rewarding our employees with a competitive base compensation that is commensurate with the position and candidate’s experience. Additional compensation includes bonus pay and new business incentives. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Long- and short-term disability leave
- Paid sick leave
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan and profit sharing contributions
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Professional development assistance
- Paid CPA Exam study time, Becker CPA Review course, and Exam reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Referral program
- Flexible schedule
- Access to investment advice
How to Apply
Please click on the Apply Now button below to submit your information.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.