Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a multifaceted regional CPA firm with 26 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Administrative Assistant position in our Connersville, Indiana office.
This position is responsible for providing support to Kemper CPA Group LLP’s accounting practice. A strong sense of customer service and the ability to build relationships is essential to be successful in this role. Experience with general office support, scanning, photocopying, filing, and receptionist coverage is required. This position is full time with some overtime expected during peak seasons.
- Provide high level support to personnel
- Prepare written client correspondence as requested
- Assembly and final review of tax return and financial statement packages prior to delivery to client
- Scanning client documents in accordance with firm protocol
- Assistance in editing and tracking of engagement letters for new and existing tax clients
- Assistance in completion of client set up forms for new tax clients/engagements
- General administrative tasks – word processing, photocopying, filing, scanning
- Receptionist duties, including answering the phone and assisting clients in person
- Office bookkeeper duties including filing timesheets, deposits, billings, etc.
- Assist in client bookkeeping including keying checks, deposits, payroll, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Professional demeanor
- Acute attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work toward deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Experience and judgment to plan for and accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as clients and vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with general office support, scanning, photocopying, filing and receptionist coverage
- High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Experience providing support for a tax practice: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Experience with tax software a plus