This notice describes the categories of personal information (“PI”) collected by Kemper CPA Group
LLP (“Company”) and the purposes for which Consumer PI may be used. We are providing this notice
to you in accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1798.100(b).
Categories of Personal Information Collected
- Identifiers. Examples include real name, alias, address, Internet Protocol
address, email address, social security number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other elements. Examples include name, signature, address, telephone number,
employment, or bank account number.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under federal or state law. Examples
include date of birth.
- Internet or other electronic network activity. Examples include information
regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Company’s internet websites and email newsletters
- Personal Financial Information. Examples include bank account statements,
brokerage account statements, earnings records, etc.
- Records of Personal Property
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
Purposes Personal Information is Used
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example: if you
prefer your tax refund to be electronically deposited, we will collect your bank
information; or if we prepare your tax return, we will collect names and identifiers of
spouses and/or dependents that must be included on the tax return.
- To contact you and/or provide you with email alerts, event registrations, and other notices
concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To engage in marketing activities, including to help design products and services appropriate
for our clients.
- To communicate with you in social media concerning our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any
contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, payment, and collections.
- To review, improve, and monitor our website, applications, online services, and overall
client experience, including to provide customization to meet the specific needs, ensure a
consistent experience, and to assess trends, interests, and the demands of clients.
- To provide client service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order,
governmental regulations, or other lawful processes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in
- To process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our
employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or
other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part
of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us
is among the assets transferred.
The Company may add to the categories of PI it collects and the purposes it uses PI. In that
case, the Company will inform you.
If you have questions about the Company’s privacy policies and procedures, rights you may have
concerning your personal information, or to access this notice in another format, you may call
(866) 900-4236 or go to https://www.kempercpa.com/privacy.
Last updated on July 01, 2020.