Christopher D. Hays
Chris Hays joined the Livermore, California office of Kemper CPA group LLP in October 2016. He previously worked for the firm from January 1997 through June 2001 before moving to Oregon. Chris was with a regional Oregon CPA firm from July 2001 through September 2016. There he was a senior manager and leader of the firm’s business valuation and litigation support group.
Chris has over 20 years of experience working on valuation and litigation support engagements. Valuation engagement purposes include estate and gift taxes, divorce, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, shareholder/partner disputes, and others. Litigation support engagements include calculation of economic damages (contract disputes, wrongful termination, trust disputes, etc.), business interruption loss, extra expense analysis, and investigative/forensic accounting. Chris has testified in various counties in the state of Oregon as an expert witness. He speaks regularly on valuation and forensic topics. Chris also has experience in providing tax and accounting services.
Chris received his Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in accounting from California State University, Sacramento. He holds the designations of: Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), which requires five years of full-time appraisal experience, from the American Society of Appraiser; Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) from the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts; and, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- American Society of Appraisers
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chair of Emerald Empire Chapter
- Treasurer, Bridgeway House (non-profit providing autism support services)
- Treasurer, Pacific District, USA Hockey
- Co-director of Lane Amateur Hockey Association, Special Hockey program