Mervin Roy Ice
Mervin Roy Ice (Roy) graduated from the University of Southern Indiana in 2012 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. During his time at USI, he was connected to a tax internship opportunity with Kemper CPA Group at the firm’s Evansville, Indiana office and received a full-time staff position in January of 2013. For almost two years, Roy worked on a wide variety of tax and audit engagements in the Evansville area before passing the CPA exam in 2014. Shortly thereafter, Roy transferred to the newly-acquired Columbus, Indiana office as a senior staff in January 2015. Roy led marketing efforts in Columbus, was promoted to manager, and served on several non-profit boards while building deep community connections. As of December 2018, he now serves Kemper clients back in his hometown of Vincennes, Indiana.
Over more than eight tax seasons with Kemper, Roy has worked with partners and staff throughout many of the firm’s offices in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. He has become a go-to for special projects and committees including basic staff training, development and wellness, technology committees, implementation of office systems and procedures, marketing, and complex client engagements.
Outside of the office, Roy enjoys spending time with family, especially his wife, Katelyn, son, Lockhart, and daughter Elsie.
- Indiana CPA Society
- St. Peter & Paul Church – Petersburg, Indiana
- Vincennes Area Builders Association – Vincennes, Indiana
- Past President, Columbus Area Arts Council – Columbus, Indiana
- Past Vice-President, Columbus Young Professionals – Columbus, Indiana
- Graduate, Leadership Bartholomew County – Columbus, Indiana
- Nominee, NextGen Leader of the Year Award – Columbus, Indiana