Tara R. Blazina
Tara R. Blazina graduated from Murray State University with a Bachelor of Science, cum laude in 2009 and a Master of Business Administration, cum laude in 2010. She also obtained an Associate of Arts degree from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 2008. She passed the CPA exam in December 2011.
Tara began her career with Kemper CPA Group LLP as a staff accountant in August of 2010. She was promoted to senior staff in 2012 and manager in 2015. She has experience in areas of tax and auditing. Her audit experience includes employee benefit plans, for-profit entities, not-for-profit entities, and governmental. Her tax experience includes tax planning and preparation for both individual and business income tax. She also has experience in Third Party Administration of 401(K) Plans.
In August of 2015, she began managing the bookkeeping department of the Paducah office. She assists clients with daily operations, payroll, and sales tax compliance. Her primary specialty/niche is in QuickBooks consulting, which includes certification as a QuickBooks Pro Advisor. She frequently uses her QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification to provide client consulting and training. While her secondary specialty/niche area might not be considered a specialty/niche by some, Tara is somewhat unique in that she embraces, enjoys, and has been successful in business development. She has also presented Kemper Classrooms annually to the community on a variety of topics, including income tax and sales tax updates, in addition to QuickBooks training.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Recruiting and retention for Kemper’s Paducah office.
- Leadership role in Kemper’s Staff Development Day for Southern IL/KY region
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College’s College of Business Advisory Committee: 2017-Present
- Business Networking International, Impact Chapter: 2012-Present, Vice President 2014-2015
- United Way of Paducah-McCracken County Board of Directors: 2012-2015
- Kentucky Colonel